SOCIAL CONCERNS MINISTRY
BECOMING A COMMUNITY OF SALT AND LIGHT
WHAT DO WE DO?
WE WORK FOR LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
- Care Kitchen – four times a year in cooperation with area Churches we prepare a meal on Saturdays for the poor and hungry
- Diocesan Immigration Accompaniment Program – We are part of the Diocesan Program that seeks to accompany undocumented Immigrants to their ICE appointments and Court Hearings. We also advocate for our undocumented immigrants
- Respect Life – We join with the Diocese and local parishes to advocate for the life of the child in the womb.
- Climate Change – We inform our parish of the scientific findings regarding Climate Change. We are currently running a series of programs on SUSTAINABLE SUNDAYS to help our people become more aware of the programs, agencies, and organizations that are making our PLANET more sustainable and livable.
- Racism – We will look into the Bishops new Pastoral Letter “Open Wide Our Hearts” and see what we can do about Racism
COMMUNITIES OF SALT AND LIGHT – REVISED FOR 2019
Seven Elements of Effective Parish Social Ministry
- Prayer and Worship
- Education and Formation
- Integrating Faith, Family&Work
- Outreach and Charity
- Citizenship and Advocacy
- Global Solidarity
- Catholic Campaign For Human Development
USCCB Communities of Salt and Light